ARD works in the field of community development through women's empowerment
and the strategy of self help groups, micro credit management and linkages
with various financial and government institutions. It promotes economic
empowerment, which in turn will trigger and promote social and political
strives to create self governing institutions at the village level through
organising the women of the target areas in order to bring about holistic
development. It aims to create sustainable communities where the community
itself will be able to take care of themselves.
is working to create a society where the women are treated with absolute
justice, equality and fraternity and in turn to ensure justice to all
the citizens. ARD strives to fulfil the constitutional dream of gender
To create a society without poverty, illiteracy, sickness, child labour
or gender and social inequality.
To create self governing organisations for poverty reduction through
achieving basic rights, basic education, health security, gender and
social equality, and livelihood security for the poor by empowering
women within the community.
1. To organise the neglected and the so called weaker sections of the
2. To organise them for social actions leading towards holistic development.
3. To impart entrepreneurial skill to them leading towards diversified
4. To organise the rural women folk and work towards socio-economic
5. To improve the quality of life of poor rural women and their families
through entrepreneurial training
6. Increased access to health, nutrition, education services and productive
The approach of ARD is a sustainable
one ensuring a holistic development in the field of social, economic
and political empowerment.
ARD works through the following
1. Right to Development which ensures social and economic empowerment
of women through the formation of SHGs.
2. Right to Participation which ensures participation of the women in
the development process and in local self governance.
3. Right to livelihood which ensures providing sustainable livelihood
options to them through linking them with various income generation